Thursday, January 24, 2013

Farewell, Recreational Reading Time

DSCF8377

I just returned this delicious pile of reading to the library, realizing that I just don't have time to read it right now.  Not when my current To Read list is all about the Liberal Theology course I'm taking this semester.


DSCF8321

But I did manage to read the one book I got as a Christmas gift.  The Jane Eyre Affair is silly, brilliant, tongue-in-cheek, pure fun.  It's unabashedly nerdy, and enjoys a good (bad?) pun or two.  If you like Terry Pratchett, Hitchhiker's,  and the canon of English literature, you'll probably love this.  On the other hand, if Pratchett's humor sets your teeth on edge (like it does my husband's), avoid this book.

Ah, I will miss reading just for fun.  But there is always summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment