Monday, January 14, 2013

Make-Ahead and Freeze

DSCF8329

I've been waiting to get this cookbook from the library and try it out.  When I had my daughter, some kind and forward thinking soul gave me Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook as a baby gift.  That book has been a huge help to me in balancing my need to feed my family with my need to sometimes be doing something other than cooking at 4pm on an afternoon.

Not Your Mother's Make-Ahead and Freeze Cookbook  seems to be equally useful.  On Saturday I got together with a friend and we cooked up double-batches of the Lentil Dal, Multi-Bean Chili, Butternut Squash Soup, Quiche, Enchiladas, and the Nacho Cheese Bake.

DSCF8324

A fun way to fill the freezer with good food for my family this month.  Doing this about once a month would be a great idea, if I can keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. This recommendation could not have come at a better time--I'm desperately needing ideas for make-ahead meals!

    From your post it sounds like there are plenty of vegetarian options. Will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete