Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thinking about my space

I've had space and organization on my mind a lot recently. This smallish house, with its 3 bedrooms and 1200 or so square feet, should be enough space for us. But you throw in homeschooling, two parents who sometimes work from home, and crafting and sewing, and it becomes too messy for my mental health.

I just keep trying to make it better. I need a place for everything, and everything in its place, and I need better ways to hide certain things that just never look tidy.

Better:

children's bookshelf

baskets for mail and mittens

basket for armchair reading

Gotta love baskets! A basket for mail, a basket for reading materials, a basket for everything!

And then there's a spot that just needs to be reworked altogether - some new furniture is in order I do believe.

problem area

2 comments:

  1. Similar issues here. Decluttering and removing mish-mash pieces of furniture have been priority lately but I still have a long ways to go. I'm thinking of making organization projects my 12 in 12.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a constant struggle here, too. Like you, we use lots of shelves and baskets. Yours look really nice! I also like the way you mounted the T.V. on the wall.

    You have an award here

    ReplyDelete