Saturday, January 30, 2010

It's like a whole new house!

I can be a bit weird sometimes, so my way of reacting to loads of stress and packing and moving at work is to come home and move all my stuff at home. Basically, I really needed: a) to establish a sense of control over something, b) to finish something, and c) to have some place feel like a haven when work has just spit me out of my space there.

So, after four trips over to church today to pack and move and take things to Goodwill, around 5pm today I started to work on my house.

A couple old before shots:

Story of my stuff, installment 2

more story of my stuff

story of my stuff, part 4

And here's our new house!

our new entry way

our new office

our new living room

looking at the new arrangement

I still have a huge mess of stuff from my old office at work, that will have to live here at home for at least a month. But - I now have a home office! By taking that IKEA bookshelf and turning it 90 degrees to the wall, I created a room divider, and separated space for an entry way and for a home office. The living room space is now focused on the piano and doesn't have office stuff mixed throughout, which we all agree is much nicer and more relaxing.

It doesn't feel like we lost any floor space, but we gained what feels like two whole rooms worth of "living space".

And I had an outlet for my anxiety and frustration tonight, which we all agree was good for the whole family.

Tomorrow - well tomorrow is probably going to be crazy. But when it's done, I get to come home to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment