Monday, January 18, 2010

more recycled clothing

recycled jeans into a skirt

Hypatia, being the smallest, is getting all the hand-me-downs and make-agains. This skirt that she's wearing was made from a worn-out pair of Carbon's old jeans. The yellow patches are there because there was a yellow patch sewn over one knee where Carbon had ripped it, and then the ankles had been pretty well shredded by his rough play.

I'm trying to get through the mending basket and actually do something with all of it. Carbon is so rough on his pants - I've sewn patches on three pair, cut up one that was beyond hope in order to make the patches for the others, sewn one pair into the quilt I am making him, and then made this skirt for his sister.

It's no wonder I have a hard time finding pants for boys at the thrift store! They get worn into rags.

No comments:

Post a Comment