Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A christmas project revealed

pencil holder

sketch book pouch

Here is what I made for my husband. It's a fabric pouch for nature journaling, with a field guide and blank journal inside the inner pocket and a row of pencil holders on the outside. He may never find the time, but he enjoys native plants and he has talked about participating in our family nature walks and journaling, so I thought this would be useful for him.

The design (which I made up as I went) has a major flaw, because the pencils fall out when you flip open the pouch. In the future, I would put the pencil holders on the front of the inside pocket. But other than that, I like how it came out, and I plan to make more for all of us.

This is fabric that I bought a long time ago, with no idea what I would use it for, and now the perfect project has presented itself. I love how it reminds me of Beatrix Potter, and her nature pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment