Sunday, November 22, 2009

picking our next read-aloud

I was trying to interest Carbon in The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, so I told him it was a story about two kids who run away from home an stay in a museum. We had other options, but he was leaning toward this selection.

Then he said "I can't decide, my heart and my head are saying different things."

I asked him what he meant, so he explained:

"Well, my heart tells me that a heart is for love, and that I shouldn't hear about kids running away from home, because it would be bad for love. But then my head is saying 'hey, don't worry Carbon, you would never run away'.

When I asked him which was going to win out, the heart or the head, he laughed and patted his head. So The Mixed Up Files it will be, and it's good to know that Carbon would never run away.

No comments:

Post a Comment