I find this little parody very cute.
I missed the turkey Thanksgiving this year (shrimp feast in Mexico instead), so I was glad when my mom offered me a turkey for our early Yule/Christmas gathering a couple weeks ago. She raises her own turkeys, and this fellow was about 30 lbs.
Those 30 lbs of bird have become:
- Roast turkey served at a holiday dinner for nine.
- Eight turkey sandwiches.
- 10 quarts of turkey broth.
- A giant pot of turkey soup that has been enough for six meals.
- Turkey pot pie, enough for two meals.
- Turkey tomato rice (I cooked the rice in turkey broth, added chopped up turkey, a jar of home canned stewed tomatoes, some frozen swiss chard I froze this summer, and a few marinated artichoke hearts, with plenty of dried oregano, salt, and pepper).
We're almost out of turkey, but I think two + weeks of meals from one bird is pretty awesome. We eat one or two turkeys a year, and I'm always thrilled at how far they go.