I've finally gotten smart and started taking a little cart on wheels with me when I go to the library!
This week Hypatia recommends:
- The Elephant and Piggie series by Mo Willems. We read There's a Bird on Your Head and We Are In a Book! this week.
- The Mayor of Central Park by Avi. Her words: "at the end they do a big baseball game, and if the Central Park Green Sox win they get Central Park back, and if Duds (the rat that is trying to take over) wins then they take over. But the Green Sox win, and then Mud, the daughter of Duds, marries a squirrel. That's pretty much what I remember."
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, "at first, September, the little girl, got carried away with the green winds, and she had some good adventures, that's for sure".
- Space Station Rat in his words: "it's about a rat that was a lab rat and has never been outside, and it escapes into a space station and there is this kid whose parents are scientists in space and the rat gets found and a robot tries to eliminate it. And the kid saves the rat."
- Millions of Cats by Wanda Gag. "It's about a person that wants a cat and her husband goes out to find one, and walks a long long way. Finally he finds a place where there are millions of billions of trillions of cats, and he thinks they're all so pretty he can't leave any of them behind. And then his wife said she only wanted one cat, so he said "which of you is the prettiest?" and they all said they were and fought and ate each other up. And then there was this little scraggly kitten, and it said it wasn't eaten up because it didn't think it was pretty and didn't say it was pretty. But it turned out to be a pretty cat after they'd given it lots of baths and fattened it up."