Thursday, April 19, 2012

The church was hopping

DSCF6506

Whew! I am exhausted and wiped out after a 13 hour day, but I am so pleased with our first go at having a weeknight dinner at church followed by activities for all ages. The new 1/4 time Connections Coordinator and I came up with the plan, and we did it as a Taco Potluck - everyone brought ingredients for tacos and then people could build their own tacos as they pleased. When we thought of this, we were hoping maybe 30 people would come.

40 signed up to bring something.

And 60 showed up!

The majority were older folks without kids, but there were still over 10 families present, and several parents got to participate in activities that they normally cannot do, because we had childcare available at church for the night.

It was great. Now I need to put my feet up and recover!


No comments:

Post a Comment