Friday, February 19, 2010

Memory Quilts

Carbon's Memory Quilt

Carbon was very excited to sleep under his new quilt last night, especially as it has been a project years in the making.

This is my first ever quilt, and it was done without a plan or any real research into how a quilt is supposed to be done, so I know it is (charmingly?) off-kilter. But what this quilt is really about is all the little parts that went into it: fabric from our wedding clothes, old worn out pants, beloved old Tshirts, and the extra fabric left after so many momma-sewn clothes or toys or curtains. Lots of love and great memories sewn into this quilt.

4 comments:

  1. I think charming is a great adjective for this beautiful project. I have a box of baby/little girl clothing favorites set aside to do this with my daughter. I hope to photograph each item first and make her a little Blurb book to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... I mean WOW! I really love it. I can't imagine a more wonderful keepsake for Carbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too! I'm thinking I should try one myself :) What a wonderful keepsake for your son!

    ReplyDelete