Tuesday, October 19, 2010

a "go to" activity with kids: lift the flap pictures

Here is one of my favorite activities to do every now and then with little ones - make lift the flap pictures! It's incredibly easy, all you have to do is cut a flap in a piece of card-stock weight paper and then glue that to a piece of backing paper. Then they can draw whatever they want over and under the flap.

Yesterday I pulled this one out of the bag for my parent support group kids, to go with the books There's a Nightmare in my Closet, There's a Nightmare in My Attic, and There's an Alligator Under My Bed. We had flaps for a closet door, flaps for a bed, and flaps for attic windows. What they put behind the flaps included butterflies and "fudge ball monsters". It was lots of fun all around.



"there's a nightmare in my attic"

under the flap

lift the flap picture

No comments:

Post a Comment