Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sewing Books: Inspiration or Instruction?

sock sewing

If you read my post about doing three projects from Weekend Sewing, here is an update: I don't want to do anymore of those projects. I'm just going to give the book away, rather than force myself to do a project that doesn't appeal or won't be practical for us.

So - all of these books of sewing projects that are out right now are very appealing. But I don't actually do the projects out of them. Do you? I like to flip through them, and they inspire my creative juices to start flowing. But when it comes down to it, I usually either want a standard sewing pattern from an envelope or I just want to make it up as I go along.

Sometimes a project is inspired by a book, such as the sock creature Carbon made all by himself above, but that doesn't really justify buying the books, does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment