Friday, April 16, 2010

Earth Day Kids - Earth Appreciation in Art

earth day books

I've been deep in reading to find the perfect readings for the Earth Day service I'm leading at church, and there are some wonderful nature poems and picture books out there.

The Tree That Time Built is a poetry compilation about nature and evolution, and includes an audiorecording with many of the poets reading their own poems. I love this one.

Art & Nature: An Illustrated Anthology of Nature Poetry pairs beautiful art with lovely poetry. I found several good readings in this one.

Anthology for the Earth draws from very diverse sources, including bits by John Muir and Thoreau and modern poetry, with illustrations of all types. Here you will find more strident calls for action.

The Curious Garden is a picture book that I will be adapting as the story for my Earth Day service.

Grandad's Prayers of the Earth was the lovely picture book that I adapted as the story for last year's Earth Day.


And there are many, many more out there! Read to your kids in honor of Mother Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment