Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One little step at a time toward a nicer house

Well, we do basically plan to live in this house forever, so we have time to make it what we want. In the last week we've finally tamed our entertainment center with its spiderweb of cords, and got rid of a weird old microwave cubby cupboard that never fit our microwave and just took up wasted space in the kitchen.

one corner at a time

one corner at a time - new kitchen setup

I really like both of the new set ups. We took all our old stereo and video equipment to Goodwill, and just replaced it with a computer hooked to the TV with a cordless keyboard and mouse. Now we can do our internet viewing on the big TV, which is all we ever do watch since we got rid of cable service over a year ago. And the kitchen counter there makes a lot more sense for the way I cook, and my preference to have everything in the kitchen out where I can see it. I don't like rummaging through cupboards to get out what I need when I'm trying to whip up dinner in a hurry.

Two more corners of my house set up the way I'd like them to be. It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment