Monday, October 22, 2012

The Reading Life

DSCF7710

One of my book piles. :)  A few of those books never did get read however, because I ran out of time on the library loan and had to return the Hoffman book unread, and I had accidentally grabbed the graphic novel version of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? when really I wanted the original.

I was disappointed with The Rhythm of Family.  It is a series of short essays about living seasonally, but I didn't find it as compelling as I expected it to be.

Happy Home has some interesting sewing projects, but I didn't find anything I wanted to make from it. That's the good reason to check these craft and sewing books out from the library before you buy them!

The books that I am reading for my credentialing studying right now: Multigenerational Congregations, Conflict Management in Congregations, and How Your Church Family Works. All of them are pretty interesting, if you enjoy thinking about how groups of people work together and what healthy relationship systems are.

I really should just take Goat Song off my pile, because it can't compete with the other books I'm reading at the moment so it will be a long time before I come back to it.  And then the Bible and the Asimov guide are on there because I have a goal of actually doing some personal Bible Study, but I never seem to find the time.

And Friedman's Fables was an impulse buy that I haven't spent much time exploring yet, but I like the idea of stories about systems theory and right relations, so I hope to find some good stuff in there. IMG_1155

The kids and I listened to Mr. and Mrs. Bunny - Detectives Extraordinaire! in the car.  I grabbed it at the library because of the cute title, and I loved it.  It had me giggling and laughing out loud.  Some of the funniness actually went over the kids' heads, though, so it's almost a better book for adults than kids.  Very silly, very fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment