Friday, July 29, 2011

Wiped Out

DSCF5041

After two weeks in a row of teaching Chalice Camp at church, I am wiped out. It's such good work, but also hard work. The kids are awesome, the activities that I prepped for them were mostly all great and fun, but it takes a lot of energy from me.

I also lost my voice this week, and was left with just a whisper. That has been a huge extra challenge, making me feel helpless and frustrated. Trying to get the attention of 13 loud 3rd graders with no voice was incredibly difficult. It brought me up against a wall, which I'm sure I'll look back on as being a wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth, but in the present it just feels like it Sucks.

So I need to spend a day or more just not talking and resting and trying to get my voice back. And catching up on all the housework that didn't get done this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment