Thursday, July 21, 2011

A little summer dress

DSCF4991

DSCF4994

I stayed up way too late last night finishing up this dress, so that my sewing table could be folded up and put away before the housecleaners come tomorrow. Two things: (1) having a housecleaning schedule keeps the pressure on me to put the clutter away, and (2) moving soon (fingers crossed still) is putting the pressure on me to use the fabric stash or lose it.

Fabric: a quilt kit I bought when Hypatia was a baby. This was going to be an Olivia baby quilt. Since we are past the point of needing baby quilts around here, it was give it away or use it for a different purpose. I worried the stripe print would look weird in a dress, but this seems to have worked out OK.

Pattern: "Girls Jumper" from All Dolled Up: Sewing with Nancy.

Problems: It's a bit too wide in the chest, so I'm going to have to take it in a bit I think. It's too short to just wait for her to "grow into it".

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! How do you find the time for projects like this?!

    ReplyDelete