Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mama Multitasking

IMG_3753

I love our YMCA membership, because it keeps the family active and engaged, and it lets this Mama multi-task some time for taking care of herself.

Last night, there I was on a bike, chatting with an acquaintance, texting with my husband, and watching the state of the union. One child was upstairs in the Playcare Room, and the other was up even more stairs and through the crazy maze that led to the Teen Loft and the Chess Club.

This morning, after dropping Carbon off at school, I was back there again, on the treadmill, while Hypatia had her swimming lesson in the pool.

It's a great place, and a real enrichment to our lives. I love how the YMCA is more than just a gym - here we see the seniors doing their water exercise class, we see the homeless getting showers with their shower coupons, and we have things like Chess Club and swim team as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment