Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Happiness and Health Project

juice

To recap, I am doing a modified version of The Happiness Project, and one area that I am making resolutions in is my health. I've resolved to drink more water, take my vitamin pills, and consume more fruits and vegetables. The fruits and vegetables are a lot easier to do this time of year, but also I love to Juice.

Juicing is easy* if you have a good juicer, and I love mine which was a gift many years ago and continues to run strong. I buy huge bags of organic juicing carrots at the grocery store or our local food co-op, and then I add whatever is on hand. In fact, my kids have a bad habit of taking a few bites out of an apple and then just setting the rest down and wasting it. If I pop those in the frige and cut off the bite marks the next morning, I can add those to my juice and avoid the waste.

This juice is carrot, apples, and beets with their greens. Tasty and very healthy!



* OK - it is a pain to wash up the juicer afterward, but I am trying to just do it anyway. But that might really put people off this as a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment