Sunday, June 27, 2010

The hairy situation

oh my goodness!

new haircut

I am so tired of fussing with my daughter's hair! She has this thick but fine hair that easily gets all knotted up, and since she started taking swim lessons the chlorine-damage turned it into this wild bird's nest. Combing it out she yells and fusses so much you would think I was torturing her ... and then it's all ratty again within a couple hours of her active play lifestyle. And, yes, I know about swim-damage shampoos (using them), conditioners, and detanglers. I've been working on this hairy situation for a couple months now, and I have just lost patience with it.

So, Friday night after Hypatia had been rubbing the net goal across her head while she was goallie for her soccer game, I took that crazy rat's nest of hair home and did a less-than-skillful quick hack job on it.

It's short now. She looked in the mirror and said "I look like a different person", but overall I actually like the shape of her face with no hair framing it. Here's to hoping this helps our hairy situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment