I made myself a new tea towel - with embroidery designs from Sublime Stitching. In this picture, the tea towel is wrapped around a loaf of homemade bread, sitting on a counter that I cleaned, in front of the slow cooker that I would be shortly loading up to be that night's dinner.
I am domestic.
What does this mean, to be "domestic"? It implies being tamed, constrained, and dependent on others. It implies nurture, relationship to others, devotion.
1. Of or relating to the family or household: domestic chores.
2. Fond of home life and household affairs.
3. Tame or domesticated. Used of animals.
4. Of or relating to a country's internal affairs: domestic issues such as tax rates and highway construction.
5. Produced in or indigenous to a particular country: domestic oil; domestic wine.
1. A household servant.
a. Cotton cloth.
b. Household linens. Often used in the plural.
3. A product or substance discovered in, developed in, or exported from a particular country.