Monday, April 18, 2011

a "taxing" experience


Happy Tax Day everyone! I am writing a wince-inducing check right now and dropping it off in the mail, but I am trying to stay positive about it all. We all have to pay taxes, and you know, I like roads, and for my grandma to get her social security check in the mail. So, goodbye hard-earned money. Go off and be good now, paying for the society I live in. (P.S. - I'd feel better if more of you were going to social programs and less of you was going to pay for military spending and wars we should not have started in the first place!).

1 comment:

  1. AMEN, sister!!!! Our schools are going broke, but we always seem to find a way to fund weapons.

    Not a big fan of paying taxes, but I also enjoy roads, parks, libraries, emergency services, etc. I just wish big corporations had to pay their fair share, instead of the middle class floating the government.

    ReplyDelete