Saturday, March 26, 2011

Handmade Home: Repurposed towels

DSCF4449

This project is in the book by Amanda Soule: Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials Into Family Treasures.

I've long been a bit of a fan of Amanda, and I am a regular reader of her blog, Soule Mama. Her first book, The Creative Family, is a wonderful inspiration for a lifestyle of creating and gentle mindfulness in family life. So I wanted to love this second book, as well.

Overall, it's a good book. It just didn't Wow me as much. A great book to check out from the library and browse for a bit, but not one I need to keep on my bookshelf.

But I do love this bath mat. It feels great under my feet, and I like finding a use for both this fabric (what was I thinking when I bought this, anyway?) and this old towel (the first towels we bought 10 years ago when we moved in together).

No comments:

Post a Comment