Friday, February 11, 2011

Apples for Jam

DSCF4213

I had heard so much good stuff about this cookbook, I was very excited to get my hands on a copy and try some recipes. The concept is different - the book is organized by color. So there is a section of recipes for "white" foods and a section for "brown" foods, etc. The photographs are lovely and inspiring, although sometimes unrelated to the actual recipe. It was fun to thumb through the book.

However, I wasn't all that impressed after I tried a few recipes. Overall, the food is very simple and just so-so. The way the recipes are written out wasn't very easy for me to follow, and the way the book is organized, although original, isn't very useful for real menu planning. I made broccoli soup, winter squash fritters, and a modified version of her sausage goulash. It was all OK, but I wasn't sad to have to return the book to the library after a couple weeks.

Of course, there are many many folks out there singing the praises of this book, so you don't have to take my word on this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment