Tuesday, August 16, 2011

the dog days of summer

DSCF5133

Summer is basically over for us. I leave today for my big trip to Romania, chaperoning high school youth from my church. The kids and their dad will be taking a trip to see family in Kentucky and Arkansas while I'm away.

When I'm back, I'll immediately be jumping into the September gear up at church, with teacher trainings, classroom set up, and all the rest of it. I'll also immediately be jumping into moving. We sign today on this lovely place:


DSCF5139

So it's going to be packing, moving, and fixing up our current home. We are going to rent the current house out to friends, but there is a little laundry list of things I need to fix/clean up around here before I hand the place over.

It all feels so BIG. I'm a bit panicky, to be honest.

The blog will be quiet for a couple weeks, while I'm off in Europe exploring our religious heritage. And then I'll be back with pictures to share and stories to tell and a LOT of work to be doing.

Enjoy the last bit of summer!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great way to end the summer! Have a safe trip. I can't wait to hear all about what you learn. Congrats on the new house - it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip!

    Congratulations on your new house--it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete