Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back from my Mental Break

DSCF4607

It's been great to mentally focus on my domestic life, as a mental break from my church job (not a real break from it, but a partial mental break). Now I need to turn my attention back again and make sure I'm all organized and ready for the new school year to start soon.

Thank goodness for DropBox, which makes it easy for me to work from my home computer and still have access to all my church computer files.

And the Toodledo app that I put on my iPhone is helping me keep on top of my To Do lists. I love the ease for creating repeats for recurring tasks, such as every Tuesday it tells me to write Thank You notes, or every Wednesday it has "weekly email to parents" pop up.

Google Calendars is very helpful for scheduling, and I was very pleased to find an app for my iPhone that automatically syncs with google calendar so I know where I need to be at what time.

But I still find myself reaching for a pad of paper and a pen when the going gets tough and I feel really overwhelmed with how much I need to plan, how many lists I need to make, and all that needs to get done.

Done:
  • Teachers (mostly) all recruited
  • Teacher training scheduled
  • Teacher training powerpoint created
  • Registration packets created and mailed out
  • Parent Orientations scheduled
  • Lessons all on the calendar

To Do:
  • Put together teacher binders with lesson plans and songs, etc.
  • Recruit Assistants for each classroom
  • Go through lesson plans and make a Materials List
  • Publish the Materials List to solicit donations
  • Create and find materials for lessons
  • Set up classrooms for new classes

And that's just for the RE program. What really gets me is that I also have a To Do list for little things like MOVING, and I'm about to go to Romania for two weeks with some of the high school youth ....

Toodledo is totally going to keep me on track with this. At least until someone invents a Robot Assistant .......

Is there an App for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment