Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lovely outdoor spaces for children

I am in love with this "movement area" at a local nature preserve, and I would so love to build something like this for the children at church. We just discovered this place yesterday and I am so impressed.

They have these different areas set aside, such as "The Gathering Area", "The Digging in the Dirt Area", etc, and the paths between areas make a big circle so you could just walk around and around.



IMG_3466

IMG_3467

IMG_3475

IMG_3476

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful spot. So simple - yet magical. I wish there were more places like this around. We only have one here that I know of, which is in a nature preserve as well. It'd be great if cities could put creative play spaces like this in more parks.

    ReplyDelete