Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to him

DSCF5582

It's my husband's birthday today, and I want to take a minute to reflect on my appreciation for him.

He's a good, reliable provider, a silly funny guy, and plenty smart. He makes a mean martini, gives a good back massage, and always beats me at card games. He always eats what I cook without complaint, and he builds a good fire and grills meat we all love to eat. Our strengths compliment each other, and we mostly put up with each others' weaknesses with compassion and understanding.

And, most of all, he is a wonderful father. Really, truly, he is a great father.

So, I'm glad you were born on this day all those years ago (you're not anywhere near as old as your children think you are). Happy Birthday, my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment