Saturday, September 26, 2009

clothing for my boy

Carbon

When I saw these dino items on the gymboree website, I just had to order them for Carbon. I love that shirt design in so many ways, I wish I had thought of that.

carbon's new hoodie

And then something homemade, that I managed to do up on my day off this week. I bought the penguin fabric when Hypatia was a baby (it was going to be a layette), but Carbon still liked it when I pulled it out of the fabric closet. And I'm still using the yards of organic black knit that I bought two years ago - a great basic fabric to have in your stash for projects for the whole family. My hoodie pattern is too small for him now, but I was able to enlarge it as I cut and still have it seem to all go together (I'm too lazy to actually measure and draw a new pattern on paper, so I just eyeball it while I'm using my roller blade to cut the fabric). The sleeves only look like they are different lengths in this photograph - he's standing funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment