Monday, September 10, 2012

"organized" homeschool

DSCF7575

Here's how I'm keeping us on track right now: a big white board To Do list that I write up each morning for the kids.  I have a plan of which subjects we do on each day of the week, and then I add in chores that the kids need to do as well.  So far, they can do their list in whatever order they like, as long as there is some agreement about taking turns with equipment they both need or about coming together for the subjects they are doing together (those are the ones in the big box).

We've also started some more serious limits on Screen Time, and they can only have their limited Screen Time after they finish the whole To Do List.  They can take other breaks as they wish, to go play or read or take a nap (I wish!).  Because they both really want their Screen Time, they have a reason to get the list done with some efficiency.

DSCF7597

And I'm keeping track of all we do in the very handy Complete Homeschool Planner and Journal.  For me, it's a journal and not a planner.  We don't plan too far ahead, since my experience is that the kids will really cruise through a study area quickly and then get bogged down, and I can't predict their pacing too far in advance.  I just sort of go with the flow.

Yep, it's not too "organized", but it's enough for us.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I'm always curious how others run their homeschool days. I use our white board often too! Hope you have a lovely fall, and wonderful start to your school year :)

    ReplyDelete