Monday, August 30, 2010

A Recommitment to Myself - or "get thyself to the gym!"

Since my big trip this summer, I have completely dropped most of my healthy habits of personal care. I'm not taking my supplements, I'm not juicing, I'm not going to the gym - and I've even been spotty about my morning yoga.

So, summer is really just about over - the kids go back to school next week - and it is time to restart some routines. I went to the gym this morning and, tellingly, I couldn't find my gym shoes anywhere. I finally located them, buried in the back of my closet under a backpack and a pair of sandals, and that pile up perfectly reflects the skew in my priorities that summer brought about. But I'm not beating myself up about it; it's perfectly fine and healthy to live seasonally and gather the sun while we have it as long as we readjust once summer is over.

I recommit to:

1. Take my supplement pills everyday.

2. Start each day off with a tall glass of either water or fresh juice.

3. Do at least ten minutes of yoga each morning.

4. Always go to the gym on Mondays, and try to go three more times during the week.

5. Keep my packed gym bag ready to go by the front door.

6. Have more impromptu Dance Parties with the kids.

I'm also inspired and supported by this list from the Happiness Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment