Friday, January 31, 2014

National Soup Month comes to an end

DSCF0170

I had a lot of fun with soup this month.  I even bought myself a new cookbook: Soup of the Day: 365 Recipes for Every Day of the Year.  Although it is not an explicitly "eat with the seasons" book (which my other current soup cookbook, Love Soup, is), the recipes as they are arranged on the calendar pages are pretty seasonally appropriate.   And, as meat-eaters, we appreciate the meaty goodness of many (but not all) of these recipes.

However, the unfortunate circumstance of my falling at the skating rink and spraining my wrist (the family got to go to the Emergency Room and everything) left me unable to do much cooking for two weeks out of this month.  Many of the recipes I wanted to try had to wait.

So ... I'm going to claim February as a Month of Soup as well!  Or maybe this will just be a year of soup around here.  It's such good stuff, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment