Tuesday, December 31, 2013

14 x 14 Reading Challenge in 2014

I love challenges, but it's been awhile since I really took one on.  Then my mother and I were talking about our reading piles for next year, and the idea was born for a 14 x 14 in 2014 challenge.  This is wildly ambitious and might just be impossible (that is 196 books, or about 2 days to read each book, and in 2013 I only read about 85 books), but we are both motivated rather than discouraged by Big Goals.

So the challenge details:

  • Pick 14 categories for your reading
  • Try to read 14 books in each category
Simple!

The categories I've selected:

  1. Religion and Ethics
  2. Spirituality and Philosophy
  3. Work-Related
  4. Poetry
  5. Self-Improvement
  6. Parenting
  7. Homesteading
  8. Science
  9. History
  10. Literature
  11. Children's Lit
  12. Books Made Into Movies
  13. Recreational Reading
  14. Around the World

And let the reading begin!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow - that is a challenge. I love to read, but am afraid I would fail miserably at this. I suspect, though, you will accomplish it! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete